A few years ago, my social anxiety really had a massive effect on my life. I avoided so many things and situations, I couldn't go anywhere with out feeling anxious. It was horrible. 
I decided that I couldn't let it get the best of me and started exposing myself to more situations that made me feel anxious, bit by bit. Still now I avoid many situations due to my anxiety but it's not as bad. I have mild anxiety compared to others, but it's still not a very nice feeling. I started cutting back on things that could trigger it or make it worse, I haven't had any caffeine since September and that's pretty good considering how much caffeine I used to drink. 
I think the blogging community has helped me come out of my shell a bit and grow, become a bit more confident with myself. I am a very shy person as it it, an extreme blusher too, so having anxiety in the mix doesn't help me at all. I am constantly putting myself down for it! I can't travel with out feeling anxious, I can't do new things with out feeling anxious about it. Sometimes I don't even need a trigger, I just start feeling anxious for no reason. I over think things and constantly feel judged.
But I am slowly controlling it more and more, before I was feeling anxious everyday... everything was a task and made me feel like I had no control over my own body. I don't get anxious that often anymore, which I am grateful for. Being more open about it and actually telling people how I feel has helped. For example, I went to visit Issy for my birthday and I had to get two trains, but I missed my first one and then I had to wait ages at each station... I had no idea where I was going and I had 20% battery so I couldn't keep my mind busy scrolling through Twitter. Issy knew I was feeling anxious about it all and made sure she was there at the train station when I came out, to avoid me panicking. I am so grateful for that! If I hadn't of told her about my anxiety, how would she have known to help me? Of course you are still going to get the odd idiot that thinks they know better and anxiety is nothing, but you've just got to ignore that because there are people that will support you. 

I just thought I'd write this post because I am always seeing people talking about it on Twitter so I thought I would write my experience for you guys to know... 

You know where to find me if you ever need someone to talk to, or anything really.


New post every Wednesday and Sunday at 7pm.